This project was contributed by the sponsoring organization/agency. If you have a project you would like to share, please fill out our online survey. Inclusion in the Transforming Maternity Care Directory does not imply endorsement by Childbirth Connection. See our guidelines.
Achieving Quality Maternal Care Lecture Series
NAME OF ORGANIZATION, AGENCY, OR INSTITUTION
Blossom Birth Services (Palo Alto, CA)
PRIMARY CONTACT NAME AND TITLE
Mora Oommen, Executive Director
PROJECT AIM AND GOALS
Blossom’s Achieving Quality Maternal Care Lecture series presents nationally acclaimed change makers, researchers, medical professionals and birth activists to shed light on the current state of maternal care in our community. We invite community members to join us to learn about the latest research, engage in thought provoking discussion and discover ways to improve the quality of maternal care.
Current Speaker List:
- Christine Morton, PhD: Rising Maternal Mortality & Morbidity in CA: We all have work to do!
- Henci Goer, award-winning medical writer: The Limitations of Evidence-Based Medicine
- Maddy Oden, Executive Director, The Tatia Oden French Memorial Foundation: How the Medicalization of Childbirth created a Childbirth Activist
- Screening of the film Guerrilla Midwife with Q&A session with volunteers who have recently spent time with Robin Lim at Bhumi Sehat, Bali, Indonesia
BLUEPRINT AREA(S) ADDRESSED
- Educational materials for health professionals
- Community education/outreach
- Consumer advocacy or political action