This project was contributed by the sponsoring organization/agency. If you have a project you would like to share, please fill out our online survey. Inclusion in the Transforming Maternity Care Directory does not imply endorsement by Childbirth Connection. See our guidelines.
Becoming a Baby Friendly Facility
Name of Organization, Agency, or Institution
Womens Health & Birth Center
Primary Contact Name and Title
Rosanne Gephart, Director
Project Aim and Goals
We offer a Lactation Specialist Training Program.
Blueprint Area(s) Addressed
- Clinical controversies (home birth, VBAC, vaginal breech and twin birth, elective induction, cesarean without indication)
- Coordination of care across time, settings, and disciplines
- Decision making and consumer choice
- Disparities in access and outcomes
- Clinical practice guideline or policy change
- Educational materials for health professionals
- Hands-on skills training or drills for health professionals
- Performance measurement/reporting
- Shared decision-making
- Staffing/care coordination change
- Team building or communication process change
We have 95% of our mothers who are 100% breastfeeding at 6 weeks after birth. At delivery, babies stay on their mothers until they have breastfed well.
TOOLKITS FOR PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION OR REPLICATION
For More Information
Rosanne Gephart, at Rosanne@WomensHealthandBirthCenter.com