Building a system that reliably provides Maternity Care with a Heart is largely a labor of love for Childbirth Connection. We’ve just launched a fundraising campaign asking our supporters to pitch in $14 for Maternity Care With a Heart in Honor of Valentine’s Day. Your support will help us have the most impact at this time of unprecedented opportunity to make change.
Here are 14 new and ongoing projects your donations will help support in 2012.
- Commissioning a landmark report on the costs of maternity care to drive payment reform
- Collaborating with the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and offices of Senator Stabenow and Representative Engel to advance the Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act, legislation designed to support a maternity care quality measurement program, evaluate maternity care home models, and support maternity care quality collaboratives.
- Advocating improved public reporting of hospital quality to drive improvement and increase transparency for consumers and payers
- Developing and monitoring priority performance measures for providers and hospitals
- Advocating for investment in primary maternity care services that emphasize wellness, prevention, and physiologic care
- Creating high-quality, evidence-based shared decision making tools to help women make several of the most important maternity care decisions they face
- Providing a one-stop shop for improvement tools and resources like our Data Center, Toolkit Directory, and Action Centers
- Working with states like Louisiana and Illinois to design and implement state-wide improvement projects
- Providing technical input on major research, statistical reports, clinical guidelines, and proposed policies that relate to maternity care
- Monitoring health care reform implementation and advocating for the needs and interests of childbearing women and families
- Collaborating with national health care improvement organizations like the National Quality Forum, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, the National Partnership for Women and Families, the Leapfrog Group, the National Committee for Quality Assurance, the National Priorities Partnership, and others
- Sharing outcomes and lessons learned from local and regional improvement projects to foster adaptation and replication in our TMC Directory
- Sharing news, research, and action opportunities via a monthly eNews, the Transforming Maternity Care Blog, Facebook and Twitter.
- Maintaining our award-winning web site with evidence-based information for women and clinicians.