Seeking participants for a video about labor induction decision making

Childbirth Connection and the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation are seeking women who have given birth within the past 2 years to appear in video segments of an online shared decision making guide. We are specifically seeking women who considered or were offered induction of labor before 41 weeks of pregnancy for a non-medical reason. A non-medical reason might include to give birth with a certain doctor/midwife, to plan around maternity/paternity leave or family needs, to get relief from discomforts of pregnancy, etc. We want to talk to women who did choose induction of labor as well as those who were offered elective induction or considered it on their own but decided to wait for labor to start on its own. At this time, we are seeking women who did not have any pregnancy complications such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or a breech baby.

If we select you to be featured in the program, you will receive payment for your time, and a video crew will come to your home or another location near you to film.

If you are interested, please complete the brief form below:

Filed in Blog on Fri., Feb 22, 2013

Tagged with:

8 Responses to “Seeking participants for a video about labor induction decision making”

1. Aerica Baker says:

I’d like to be considered for your interview, please. :)

2. Amy Romano Amy Romano says:

@Aerica, please fill out the survey if you haven’t already. Thanks for your interest!

3. Teresa says:

I filled out 2 surveys.
    I tried to do the first one on my phone and couldnt see all of the sentences. So the 2nd one I did was on the computer and is more specific
    Thanks,
    Teresa

4. Amy Romano Amy Romano says:

Thanks Teresa. Your survey came through. We’ll be contacting people who are a good match with our criteria over the next week.

5. Shana says:

Submitted :)

6. Anastasia says:

I could certainly fill this out. I had an induction, (in fact my doc first brought it up at around 24 weeks saying that I’d be MORE likely to have a vaginal birth if I were induced) and I was induced at 39 weeks. This was almost three years ago though. If you decide to extend the time limit I’d be more than happy to share more details of my story.

7. Anastasia says:

I meant to say a failed* induction at 39 weeks.

8. My daughter was frank breech. Since vaginal breech birth is recommended in every developed nation except the US (because it’s been proven safer the cesarean delivery!), I’d love to see a video about it. I’d be happy to share my story. Breech presentation accounts for apx 12% of cesareans performed int the US and is absolutely NOT evidence-based. Until someone speaks out about it, I’m afraid that we’re all just settling for subpar care.