A high-quality, high-value maternity care system is within reach,
but none of us can do it alone.
Childbirth Connection brought together more than 100 health care leaders – from delivery systems, providers, and consumers to health plans and purchasers, liability insurers and quality experts – to develop two direction-setting reports, “2020 Vision for a High-Quality, High-Value Maternity Care System” and “Blueprint for Action.” These reports were the culmination of over two years’ collaborative multi-stakeholder work aimed at reversing troubling trends and achieving high-quality, high-value maternity care.
From Vision to Action through the Transforming Maternity Care Partnership
The aim of the Transforming Maternity Care Partnership is to accelerate health system change toward the envisioned high-quality, high value maternity care system through collaborative efforts designed to:
- Raise awareness of the landmark “2020 Vision” and “Blueprint for Action” reports among diverse stakeholders
- Foster partnerships of a significant scope and reach to implement “Blueprint for Action” recommendations and action steps
- Deliver recommendations and resources to policy makers and legislators to strengthen the maternity care delivery system
- Support community-level partners with ideas and resources for ways to independently engage in this work within their own communities and practice settings
- Recognize and celebrate successful quality improvement efforts
Learn more about how the Transforming Maternity Care Project was carried out, and see who was involved.
About Childbirth Connection
Childbirth Connection is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1918 as Maternity Center Association. Our mission is to improve the quality and value of maternity care through consumer engagement and health system transformation. Childbirth Connection promotes safe, effective and satisfying evidence-based maternity care and is a voice for the needs and interests of childbearing families. ChildbirthConnection.org, our web site for childbearing women and health professionals, is an award-winning resource for evidence-based information about pregnancy, labor, and birth.
Learn more about:
- Our vision, mission, and core principles
- Our Board and staff
- Our nearly century-long history of achievements