Get familiar with the Transforming Maternity Care Blueprint for Action
Featured Blueprint areas for quality experts:
- Payment reform to align incentives with quality
- Performance measurement and leveraging of results
- Disparities in access and outcomes of maternity care
- Development and use of health information technology
- Scope of covered services for maternity care
- Workforce composition and distribution
In addition to the summary Blueprint for Action, more detail about specific challenges and recommended solutions of relevance to the quality and measurement community can be found in the Measurement and Quality Research Experts Stakeholder Workgroup Report (PDF).
Track and report maternity quality data
- Resource: Background on NQF Perinatal Measures
- Resource: Instructions for calculating and reporting Joint Commission perinatal measures
- Toolkit: Implementing the Joint Commission Perinatal Core Measure on Exclusive Breast Milk Feeding
- Toolkit: Elimination of Non-Medically Indicated (Elective) Deliveries Before 39 Weeks Gestational Age: Quality Improvement Toolkit
- Public Reporting Initiative: Leapfrog Hospital Survey
- Data collection tools: from the American Association of Birth Centers and Midwives Alliance of North America
Join forces with a state or regional quality effort
View our list of state and regional quality collaboratives.
Develop and test quality measures to address high-priority aspects of maternity care
This table identifies gaps in currently available NQF-endorsed performance measures. It is reproduced from the Measurement and Quality Research Experts Stakeholder Workgroup Report (PDF), which provides further guidance on priority areas for measure development.
Contribute to our data center
Share a local success story
Have you been part of the transformation in your community, state, or region? Share your story so others can learn and be inspired.