Listening to Mothers III: Report of the Third National U.S. Survey of Women’s Childbearing Experiences
|Download this report||Download this report|
|Download its major findings||Download its major findings|
Childbirth Connection’s national Listening to MothersSM surveys describe women’s childbearing experiences from before pregnancy through the postpartum period, and their views about these matters. Two new 2013 reports describe results from initial and follow-up Listening to MothersSM surveys of women who gave birth in 2011-12. The surveys were conducted by Harris Interactive and funded by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
- What Are U.S. Women’s Health Concerns After Giving Birth? NEW
- What Factors May Be Driving U.S. Women’s Breastfeeding Choices and Experiences? NEW
- What Are Mothers’ Perceptions of the Quality of U.S. Maternity Care? NEW
- How Do U.S. Women Use the Internet and Other Sources of Pregnancy Information? UPDATED
- How Do Childbearing Experiences Differ Across Racial and Ethnic Groups in the United States? UPDATED
- How Do Experiences of Childbearing Women on Medicaid and Private Insurance Compare? UPDATED
- How Have Women’s Childbearing Experiences Changed Over the Past Decade? UPDATED
- What Are Some Factors Driving the Use of Cesarean Section in the United States?
- What Are Some Factors Driving Use of Induced Labor in the United States?
- What Health Concerns Do Women Have Before Pregnancy?
- Methodology in Brief for Both Surveys (PDF)
- Initial Listening to Mothers IIISM Survey Questionnaire (PDF)
- Follow-Up Listening to Mothers IIISM Questionnaire (PDF)
- National Advisory Committee Member List (PDF)
- Pregnancy and Birth press release (PDF)
- New Mothers Speak Out press release (PDF)
- Previous Surveys: Listening to Mothers I (2002) | Listening to Mothers II (2006)
- Stream the online recording of the Web Press Briefing for Listening to Mothers IIISM: Pregnancy and Birth
Childbirth Connection’s Listening to Mothers III survey was conducted by Harris Interactive and was funded by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.