How do you make a change if you don’t know what you’re aiming for?
In 2008, Childbirth Connection convened a Vision Team of innovators in maternity care delivery and health systems design to define the fundamental values, principles, and goals for a high-quality, high-value maternity care system. The resulting consensus document, 2020 Vision for a High-Quality, High-Value Maternity Care System serves as a focal point to inspire improvement strategies, and formed the basis for the Blueprint for Action.
A high-quality, high-value maternity care system means care is consistently and reliably woman-centered, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable.
- Learn more about these goals and the values and principles underpinning them.
- Understand what a high-quality, high-value maternity care system looks like.
- Find out what’s wrong with the status quo.
- Read Two Birth Stories: An Allegory to Compare Experiences in Current and Envisioned Maternity Care Systems.
- Download the full 2020 Vision, which includes details about the rigorous methods and process for developing the vision, available free from Women’s Health Issues.
- Watch a webinar about the 2020 Vision.
- See the list of members of the Vision Team and download the list of resources given to each member to provide a general framework for the vision process grounded in evidence-based maternity care.